Sunday 6 April 2014

Big News!

Ok ... So 3 years after my first interview for an Internship in Strength and Conditioning I've finally secured one! And it's with the team who denied me first time around.

In June 2014 I will be starting a new journey, and it will be as a Strength and Conditioning Intern for Harlequins RFC. I will be based out of Surrey Sports Park, and will be assisting the S&C Team in the daily goings on.
Duties include:
Setting up protein shakes for the players
Setting up and clearing up the gym from weights sessions
Assisting with weights sessions
Assisting with program design for weights, fitness, speed and recovery
Assisting with daily physical activities (swimming pool, speed sessions, fitness sessions, rugby training)
Basically being a run-around for all the coaches and players.

I genuinely cannot wait for this to start. I will be moving away from Worcester, and moving to Guildford.

Finally - the first significant step on my journey as a strength and conditioning coach.

Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment